The Ultimate CPH weekend guide - week 42
- Autumn vacation activities for children and families at (SMK): Every day during the autumn holidays, children can get lost in their imaginations and put their creativity in play to create a gigantic work with thin lines and mesmerising patterns inspired by the Pakistani artist Aisha Khalid's works.The artist exhibition is currently available at the museum. So, here you can experience and explore the exhibition by getting inspired and trying even forces to draw dots, squares, circles and patterns endlessly. Where: Statens Museum for Kunst. When: 11:30 - 15:30. More info here.
- LEGO® Night: When was the last time you builded something with LEGO®? I know right? So, this friday you have the chance to join the LEGO® Night event for adults and play as a child nd live out the dream of self-designing houses and cities! An evening in the company of friends, cold beer, great music and lots of LEGO® bricks. There is something quite magical in, even as an adult, to immerse themselves in putting a block on top of the other and let it develop from there. And with the white and transparent LEGO® architecture, the result is often quite impressive. The first beer is included in the ticket and they also serve popcorn. So what are you waiting for? Grab your friends and go build some LEGO®and you can even join an Instagram competition for the best LEGO model. When: 17: 30-20: 30 Where: Danish Architecture Centre, Strand 27B, 1401 Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Zombie Hunter in Tivoli: Have you got a smartphone? Bring along to Tivoliso that you can hunt and see zombies rise around the garden and walk towards you. Equipped with crossbow and pumpkin you have to shoot the zombies and save the Tivoli from the scary creatures. You will also be able to take that selfie with Denmark’s biggest pumpkin! Where: Tivoli- Vesterbrogade 3, 1630 København V: When: 11:00-23:00More info here.
- KB18: BEAT ME #61 Party at kødbyen: If you are a fun of electronic music and underground scene, BEAT ME is the place to be this friday. Join the amazing crowd and all the good vibes. When: 23:00 Where: KB18, Kødboderne 18 ( KØDBYEN ), 1714 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Solo Exhibition of Painting from Asmund Havsteen-Mikkelsen: The Territorial Trap: This Saturday come and explore the boundaries of space and territory . A process that should be seen in light of migration in Europe. Here is no refugees crossing borders or climbing over the barbed wire fence, but architectural motifs with unclear horizons. Where: Gallery Kant, St. Kongensgade 3, back building, Copenhagen K (free admission). When: 11:00-16:00. More info here.
- Nordic Shades - Nina Malterud and the Gunhild Rudjord: The two Nordic artists exhibits ceramic works that reflect the colors and nature in Scandinavian tones creating interaction and opposition between the artists' works. Where:Ann Linnemann studio gallery, Kronprinsessegade 51, Copenhagen K. When: Friday from 11:00-18:00 and Sat 11:00-15:00. (Free admission). More info here.
- Free Tango and Swing lessons: Are you in the mood for some dancing moves but do you not know what you do with your feet and your partner? Don't worry! On Saturdays you can learn how to dance both tango and swing. Where: Kulturhuset Indre By, Charlotte Ammundsens Plads 3, Copenhagen K. When: from 12:00-15:00. More info here & here.
- CPH PIX: This Saturday at the Denmark's international feature film festival CPH PIX activities such as concerts, seminars, debates and of course hundreds of film screenings will be on display. The festival offers quality films from around the world, including films that usually the audience would not had a chance to see otherwise. Moreover, the festival also has its focuses on upcoming talent and avant-garde as well as cross collaborations between art forms and institutions. Like all the other top European competition film festivals, it includes a standard dose of red carpets, glitterati and VIP parties, so come at have a look at the amazing festival. More info about the programme and place here.
- Bridget Jones's Baby - 2D: So when did you went to the movies last time? Take a tour to the movie theater this weekend and watch the funny Renée Zellweger and Colin Firth playingin the popular film series Bridget Jones , which is based on Helen Fielding's heroine. When: 15.45, 18.40 & 21.20. Where: Movie theater Palace, Axel Torv 9, Copenhagen V. More info here.
CPH ZINE Party: For the third time CPH Zine Fest festival is taking place at Ungdomshuset! CPH Zine Fest is a festival of zines and small-press, and consists of a large market with the purchase, sale and exchange of zines and small-press publications. Here, you can also attend the workshops, watch exhibition, grab something to eat or drinks. This year the festival will be open both Saturday and Sunday! Come and join the Zine crowd! When: 12:00 -18:00. Where: Ungdomshuset, Dortheavej 61, 2400 København More info here.
- Halloween for children: This Sunday visit Carlsberg, which opens its doors for ghost hunting, as part of Halloween programme for children. Here you can get your face painted as a monster, go on a treasure hunt through the exhibition, discover the sinister cellars on a guided tour for children. Where: Visit Carlsberg, Old Carlsberg Vej 11, Copenhagen V. When: 10:00-17:00. (Admission: Ticket Children (6-17 years): 70 kr. Adult Ticket: 95 kr.). More info here.
- Meet the Nordic Gods: Sundays are for the GODs! Do you know the Nordic mythology gods or have you heard of Thor with his hammer? Nothing to worry about! This Sunday, you will be able to get a guided tour where you will hear more about the nordic gods like the Aesir, giants and Valkyries, and see how they appear in sculptures. Where: Glyptotek, Dantes Plads 7, Copenhagen V. when: 12:00. More info here.
- Theatre for kids - The boy and the tree: Take your kids for a nice morning theatre session at Jagtvej Library. The play is about a behave boy and a tree, which is looking forward to getting out to the tree and play. He throws with leaves, he climb in what he played king of the forest and swings in its branches. Throughout his life, the boy has the tree to play with, and the tree waiting faithfully at his friend and his friend get older and as the boy grows old he found rest his tired body at the tree. Where: Øbro Jagtvej Library, Jagtvej 227, Copenhagen Ø When: 11:00. (free admission) Registration at Event@kff.kk.dk. More info here.
- Amalienborg's Palace opens its door for public: : Explore the royal household palace in the autumn holiday. Come on a journey into the royal castles dusty corners. All children are invited into the royal walls where they can borrow a mini-suitcase and explore the many hidden cases. Here you also have the opportunity for you and your family to hear fascinating royal stories about royal life in the palace. The staff takes you on a tour through time where you can see Queen Louise’s drawing room, where she had guests for tea, step inside the private dining room of a king and queen, and see the desk by which former kings governed the country. Where: Amalienborg Palace, Christian VIII's Palace in Copenhagen K. When: 10:00-16:00. (Free entrance for children)More info here.
Enjoy your weekend!