The Ultimate CPH weekend guide - week 43
FRIDAY ( 28th)
- Slow Fashion 1123 Launching concept store party: SLOW Fashion 1123 laugh party has finally come and the team behind this concept would like to invite all for an awesome night where you will be able to meet the first Awesome Designer, Mai Jacobsen and see her products available for sale. You will also meet Phine Raun and hear about her SLOW FASHION designs and storytelling. Besides, you can taste an awesome gin and Tonic as well as delicious sandwiches from Fredco’s Deli while being entertained by music from the 60 & 70's presented by 'Kvinder Der Kender Din Krop'. There will be goodie bags from collaboration partners for the first lucky 50 guests
When: 17:00-21:00 Where: Gothersgade 153, 1123 Copenhagen, Denmark. Check an exclusive interview with Phine from my previous post here and get More info here.
- CPH PIX: From today until 9th of November, Denmark's international feature film festival CPH PIX activities such as concerts, seminars, debates and of course hundreds of film screenings will be on display. The festival offers quality films from around the world, including films that usually the audience would not had a chance to see otherwise. Moreover, the festival also has its focuses on upcoming talent and avant-garde as well as cross collaborations between art forms and institutions. Like all the other top European competition film festivals, it includes a standard dose of red carpets, glitterati and VIP parties, so come at have a look at the amazing festival. More info about the programme and place here.
- Bubbles and Ostyres: Start your weekend in style with lots of bubbles and oysters. For only 60 kr you have the chance to try oysters (10 kr) and grab a glass of cava (50kr). Besides, you also have the opportunity to taste the season's big and sea fresh Limfjord Oysters When: From 16:00 until 22:00 Where: Bøf & Ost, Gråbrødretorv 13, 1445 København K. For those of you who do not have the opportunity to come by on Friday, they also serve Limfjord oysters for the same price Saturday, 29 October from pm. 18-22. More info here.
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at Tivoli: This weekend in Tivoli you will have the chance to see Alvin Ailey an American dance performer which its style is an eclectic mix from street dance and African inspiration as well as classic ballet elegant lines and jumps. The result is intense, sensual, dramatic and highly musical. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater is the absolute leader in its genre and Ailey has performed for over 25 million people in 48 US states and 71 countries on six continents and has reached millions through appearances on TV. When: 19:30 Where: Tivoli. More info here.
- Halloween Party at Carlsberg Brewery: Get your imagination into play and pull out the scary version of yourself where this Friday at Carlsberg brewery, you will have the chance to be part of the hunted surroundings for the night with a grill, DJs and obviously, copious amounts of beer! It is a Free admission event and students get 20% discount on food and drink. When: 19:00 until 2:00 am Where:Gamle Carlsberg Vej 11, 1799 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Hello Vintage Clothing kilo sale: Yeah, that is right vintage clothing by kilo! Do i need to say anything else? Well, each kilo cost 200kr. When: from 10:00 to 16:00 Where: KPH Volume, Enghavevej 80, 2450 København. More info here.
- Halloween in the zoo : Come to an adventurous tour where you experience the Zoo in the evening time with night animal sounds when darkness falls. Besides, you are allowed to bring a friend for FREE if you have season passes. Come and join the animal crowd on the halloween celebration. Here you can also make a nice pumpkin lamp, you can take home, put teeth into a fried grasshopper and much more! When: 10:00- 20:00 Where: Zoologist Have, Roskildevej 32, 2000 Frederiksberg More info here.
- Clorofille- From vegetables to Halloween face painting: Clorofille invite you for an experience with face paint from spinach, beetroot and other plants. Here you can get a face painting as a tiger, a monster or a butterfly for example. At the event you will learn what it takes to make colors from plants and together with the other participants you will dive into the art of face painting. Cake and drinks will be served during the workshop. Bring the family along and go have some face time fun, it's halloween week after all! When: 14:00-16:00 Where: Rreencubator, Nørrebrogade 20, 1. sal, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark. More info here.
- Halloween Samba Party: this Saturday there will be a Halloween party, with a taste of Brazil, at Cafe Operaen at Christiania. Here you will be able to enjoy nice samba bands like for example: the Band Samba da Gente, forró with Viny Brasil, beautiful dancers from group Estilo Faixa and a good Dj (Luciano Carvalho) to keep your mood up. There will also be a surprise gift for the most original and beautiful costume from Cafe Operaen. When: from 22:00-04:00 am Where: Operaen, Christiania, Pusher St, 1440 Christiania, København, Denmark. More info here.
SUNDAY ( 30th)
- Family Workshop: Build Cobe in Minecraft: How will the city look like if it is built on children's terms? Come and build architecture inspired by Cobe in Minecraft together with the small ones and be inspired by Cobes various projects and builds its own solutions in Minecraft. Here, children are encouraged to show endless world of possibilities made with minicrafts. When: 11:00-13:00 Where: DAC, Danish Architecture Center, Old Dock Warehouse, Beach Street 27 B, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Nature day in Søndermarken: This Sunday come to free activities and experiences for the whole family! When: 11:00-15:00 Where: Norwegian House in Søndermarken Roskildevej 25 (to Frederiksberg Palace), Frederiksberg
- From Lion roar til "pigs grunt": Come to a special tour to Glypotek this sunday. Here you are able to spot dangerous animals, imaginary creatures, magical animals, pets and livestock. At the museum you can explore and find animal depictions from the last 6000 years. When: 12:00, Where: Glyptotek, Dantes Plads 7, Copenhagen V More info here.
- Guided tour: Migration Policy: Three CAMP exhibitions at SMK: explore the autumn exhibition Migration Policy: Three CAMP exhibitions at Statens Museum for Kunst where you can look through a series of works from 14 artists from many different places, most of whom are migrant or refugee backgrounds, where the focus on the run, border crossing and asylum policy. The exhibition presents works that relate to structural issues around the flight and migration and manufacturing personal experiences and experiences of being displaced and migrate. This exhibition is Scandinavia's only exhibition venue for migration focused art. When: 12:00-12:30. Where: National Gallery of Art, Silver Street 48-50, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Giselle- Classical ballet: Created in 1841, Giselle is the main work in romantic ballet where particularly sensitive to demonic urges – the ballet offers the perfect union of narration, music and choreography. Giselle is one of the most romantic and high-strung ballets ever created, fuelled by dreams, eroticism, love, loss, death drive and madness. Here the young Giselle finds out that her beloved Albrecht promised away, breaks her heart. Although the porous girl has several suitors on hand, she loses their minds and spirits into his lover's arms. But the drama is just beginning. Come by the Royal Theater and enjoy a classical Sunday ballet. When: 15:00 Where: The Royal Theatre - Old Stage, Kongens Nytorv, Copenhagen K. More info here.