The Ultimate CPH Weekend Guide - week 40
FRIDAY (October 7th)
- -Reflector Light Festival: Take your family and friends for a sensory experience in Søndermarken where you will be able to experience Søndermarken like you have never seen it before with light installations by both Danish and foreign artists while they talk about their unique universe. Besides, you can listen to live music and make your own lamp to be exhibited at the festival. So, follow the highlighted route around the park and go explore how light art in many colors and shapes transform the avenues, into new spectacular places. Where: Søndermarken, Pile Alle, Frederiksberg When: The festival is open every night from today 6th to Saturday 8th from 18.30-23.00 and is free of charge. More info here.
- (SMK) Opening of new exhibition: Two Worlds as One: Be there when we open the doors to the exhibition two worlds as one. It is an exhibition for both children and families created by the Pakistani artist Aisha Khalid. Here, you are able to explore a universe where you have on one side a beautifully ornamented carpet and on the other side, a surface with thousands of sharply pointed needle in a new exhibition created especially for SMK. The art is Inspired by Sufism, Islamic mysticism, while the artists focus is on women's roles, identity creation, power structures and western notions of Pakistan. Where: Statents Museum for Kunst (National Gallery of Art), Sølvgade 48-50, 1307 København K. When: 11:00-13:00. More info here.
- -Frederiksberg Shopping Centre is celebrating its 20th anniversary therefore there will be free cake for the first 1,000 guests at 15:00-16:00 this friday. The magazine LIFE is organising a fashion show with fashion from the many shops available at the shopping center. When: Saturday at. 14-15. Where: Frederiksberg Center, Falkoner Allé 21, Frederiksberg. More info here.
SATURDAY (October 8th)
- -Erotic World Festival at Valby Hallen: Erotic World is a Sexual & Erotic Fair, which offers a wealth of news in erotic toys, lingerie, inspirational lectures, intimate private shows and international fetish fashion show and much more. There will be entertainment on the scenes
and international strip shows for both men and women. Here you are also able to shopping of the latest products within the erotic universe. Enjoy a weekend full of inspiration, excitement, sex and eroticism for you and your partner. Where: Julius Andersensvej 3, 2450 København SV When:Fredag: 14:00 – 02:00; Lørdag: 14:00 – 02:00; Søndag: 12:00 – 18:00. More info here.
- -Pirate Cut at Østerbro library: This saturday, there will be an event for kids at the library where the kids have the chance to be creative within the pirate universe. Ahoy! Will you be pirated? Where: Østerbro Library, Dag Hammarskjöld Allé 19, Copenhagen When: 11:00. More info here.
- -Exchange clothes for women: Clean up your wardrobe and make a free swap! 1. Clean up your wardrobe and bring with you all the clothes that you are not really using. One of the rules is that the clothes must be clean and in good condition to be used again by someone else. The clothes can only be swapped and ALL WOMEN are welcome to exchange. Where: Evangeliekirken, Worsaaesvej 5, Frederiksberg C. When: from 13:00 - 17:00 (Free admission). More info here.
SUNDAY (October 9th)
- -Sunday Jazz at B9 Wine bar: Do you need some quality jazz on Sunday afternoon? At B9 Wine Bar you can experience Copenhagen's foremost jazz musicians in a relaxed atmosphere. It's a surprise who's playing, but we guarantee the quality. More info here. Where: B9 Wine Bar, Åboulevard 12, Copenhagen N When: at 16:00 (Free admission)
- - Hole in Space by Nikolaj Kunsthal (until 13 November) : Copenhagen’s contemporary art centre, Nikolaj Kunsthal, is hosting an exhibition / installation designed to engage children and adults created by the local artist Trine Bossen. With this exhibition I promise to send you on a fanciful journey into outer space. Where: The art centre is housed in a former church close to Strøget, Nikolaj Plads 10. When: From (11:00-17:00 pm) More Info here.
- - World Press Photo exhibition: Explore the award-winning photojournalism and discover the hidden stories behind the photos. Come by the The World Press Photo Foundation this weekend to be inspired. Where: Rådhuspladsen 37 (1785 København V)When: Saturday & Sundays from 11.00 - 18.00. More info here.