The Ultimate CPH weekend guide - week 46
- Book reception 'Clowns in the fire' of Niels Peregrine Falcon: Come and join the open reception for the book launch: 'Clowns in the fire'. Theatre Roman of Niels Peregrine Falcon. Cover and illustrations Adi Holzer. 'In a politically inflamed Denmark regains two mature actors together in a champagne shower of tantric lovemaking'.When: 15:00-17:00. (Free admission) Where: Revy Museum, Allégade 5, Frederiksberg. More info here.
- Christmas Market at Højbro Plads:Get into the Christmas spirit and go for an early christmas shopping at Højbro Plads where you can experience and discover an old-fashioned Christmas universe in the heart of Copenhagen’s ancient medieval city, with Christmas trees and decorations, sparking 180,000 Christmas lights, secret pixies, reindeer and Santa's sleigh. Here you also have the chance to meet Santa Claus and take a picture with him for free every Tuesday to Sunday between 1 and 5 pm. When:11:00-17:00 Where: Højbro Plads ( next to the Strøget shopping street, Illum’s department store and the Stork Fountain). More info here.
- Wiki Labs - contribution to the history of art: Would you like to contribute with your knowledge of art and art history to the world's largest encyclopedia on the web- Wikipedia? Take a tour to the Statens Museum for Kunst and learn how to write for Wikipedia jointly with other art geeks and get good tips to work from seasoned Wikipedias. You can also edit or translate other people's articles. Everyone is welcome, even for those who have never written for Wikipedia before, the most important requirement is that you have the courage to share your knowledge. When: 15:00-17:00.Where: Statens Museum for Kunst, Sølvgade 48-50, København K. More info here.
- Silk Painting with Roshanak Kiadeh, 1/2: Would you like to learn how to paint beautiful silk scarves with watercolour-like expression? Come by the library's two-day workshop. Based on the basic colors and color portion you work with your own expression of silk scarves or fabric. There will be colors available and the opportunity to buy silk scarves and fabrics. When: 17:00-21:00. Where:The library Rentemestervej, Rentemestervej 76, Copenhagen NV. More info here.
- Qi Gong for lungs - come and try: This Friday you are invited to an evening where you can try out what qi-gong has to offer you. Here there is a focus on lung function and you are also welcome to work on a team. The event is Organized by Tai Chi & Qigong Association in Frederiksberg. When: 18:00-20:00.(Free admission) Where: KU.BE, dirch passer Allé 4, Frederiksberg. More info here.
- Debbie Cameron's Stevie Wonder Tribute: What about a Jazz evening this friday? Come and enjoy Debbie Cameron, known as a fantastic Jazz and Pop singer for many years in Denmark and the whole world. Debbie does what she does best, she sings to your soul just like her mother, (the legendary Jazz and Gospel singer Etta Cameron). When: 20:00. (Admission: 125 Cash thank you). Where: Café Cadeau, H. C. Ørstedsvej 28, Frederiksberg C. More info here.
- Christmas Up On Comedy Zoo: Gather your friends and colleagues and enjoy Christmas at Comedy Zoo in an evening with delicious Christmas food, stand-up class, good music, drinks and night bar. When: 20:30. (Admission: 340-940 kr). Where: Comedy Zoo, Knabrostræde 19, Copenhagen K. More info here.
Østerbro's Hyggeligste Loppermarked: Join the cosy and indoors flea market, at Remisen’s hall. Here you can also grab a coffee and have a wander through the various stalls filled up with all kinds of treasures and antique items. More info here.
- Christmas market in Tivoli: Come and join the magical experience when the Christmas tree in Tivoli lights up with thousands of Christmas lights with the smell of pine and bucks and a visit from Santa himself, opening up for a festive event for the whole family. When: 16.30. Where: Tivoli,Vesterbrogade 3,1630 København V( Tivoli large Christmas tree is placed between the Tivoli Concert Hall and Plänenburg). More info here.
- Open Saturday workshop: Join a fun workshop for kids and adults where together you can build exciting houses made out of trees at Børnekulturhuset. When: 11:00- 14.30. (Admission: 30 kr. per. person).Where: Børnekulturhus Ama'r, Øresundsvej 8, Copenhagen S. More info here.
- Weekend for Children: India comes to Nørrebro: Indian music and bollywood dance moves at Nørrebro Library. Drama Teacher Mette Steiner plays with Indian dolls, besides there will be Bollywood dance by Inessa Nicolajsens group. When: 11:00. Where:Blågårdens Library, Blågårdsplads 5, Copenhagen N. More info here.
- Sing, play and listen - Interactive storytelling for toddlers: Come and join singing, playing and listen event with interactive storytelling at the library. They invite you and your little nugget for a day of teddy bears, stories and music. Come and join the crew when actress Karina Nielsen from theatre AstaBasta is telling stories with the tiniest between 1-2½ years and their adults. Here you can experience the wildest stories with teddy bears, dolls and music - and you never quite know what turn the story will take as she tells the story jointly with songs and gestures to match. When:11:00-13:00. Where: Øbro Jagtvej Library, Jagtvej 227, Copenhagen Ø. More info here.
- Reception: Eyes on Syria: Come and see a photo exhibition with pictures of Syria outside Nørrebro Library in Bragesgade and hear the story of the country that no longer exists, cultural heritage and the setting of the contemporary Syria. See how Syria appeared in the 60s, before the war and devastation. The exhibition is from three Danish photographers who drove a van through Syria on the way to archaeological fieldwork in Egypt. The exhibition is free and can be seen 24 hours a day outside Bragesgade 8 and It is possible to buy the book at the Library. When: 13:00-15:00. Where: Nørrebro Library, Bragesgade 8 B, Copenhagen N. More info here.
- Make your own micro-garden - let it sprout ivindueskarmen: Avoid food waste and learn how to grow your fresh sprouts of vegetable residues. Balcony Riet, is a new kind of city plant school where they sell a variety of plants that are particularly suitable for growing in the city. Whether there is full sun or shade, wind or shelter, we have a selection of various plants that are robust, can grow in containers and thrive under difficult climatic conditions. Come by the shop and get a professional guidance to the design or selection of plants suitable for your balcony. When: 15:00-16:30. (Admission: 150 kr. Incl. 2 micro gardens, coffee and cake)Where: Balcony Riet ApS, Randersgade, 35, Copenhagen. More info here: Registration: 41198995/26407480.
- Christmas at Gråbrødretorv: - Join the Christmas tree ignition pixie hunting, Christmas decorations, home-brewed mulled wine, hot chocolate and other Christmas goodies at Gråbrødretorv this saturday. When: 14:00-16:00. Where: Gråbrødretorv. More info here.
Salsa Jam: Come and join a salsa dance lessons at a salsa club, live music and old school DJs.
When: 20:00 (Price: 70 kr. (Students 40 kr.)) Where: K-I-B, Kulturhuset Islands Brygge, Islands Brygge 18, Copenhagen S. More info here.
Sluggish Napkins - Coated Pottery by Anne Fabricius Møller: In Store for Table setting open the exhibition sluggish Napkins - Coated Pottery by Anne Fabricius Møller with vernissage. When: kl11:00-18:00. (Free admission). Where: Shop for Table setting, Møntergade 6 kld., Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Visit Frederisborg castle for Marco Grob Iconic portraits exhibition: while appreciating the stunning surrounding that the castle has to offer. The old renaissance castle Frederiksborg Palace, is exhititing 70 iconic portraits by Marco Grob. The iconic portraits include world-wide known famous faces such as Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, George Clooney and Denmark’s Crown Prince couple. Marco Grob is especially known for his talent of capturing a glimpse of the subject’s personality as well as his technical refinement. Marco Grob is one of the greatest living portrait photographer so make sure you are able to see the exhibition. The exhibition is open until December 31. When: 11:00-15:00. Where: The Museum of National History,Frederiksborg Castle,DK - 3400 Hollered. More info here.
- Christmas in Fredensborg : Want to do a weekend get away and don't know where to go?Join the Christmas spirit at Fredensborg. The mayor will light the candles of the Christmas tree, Santa Claus will come and there will be clowns and a Christmas train plus lots of special Christmas offers in the decorated shops. When: 11:00 - 15:00. Where: Slottet 1B, 3480 Fredensborg. More info here.