The Ultimate CPH Weekend Guide-week 44
FRIDAY ( 4th)
- Make your own Friday candies - Snowballs : Take you your friends and family to a cosy afternoon event where you can make your own candy with Nikoline from Baking Blog. It cost 60 kr to participate besides you get access to the museum. When: 15:00. Where: Children's Museum, Svanholmsvej 3A, Frederiksberg C. More info here.
- All Swing & Bossa: Are you a jazz fan or are just looking for a cosy evening with background music? Come and enjoy a glass of wine while listening to the Tenor saxophonist Ole Schmidt and the guitarist Jorgen Schaarup. Both are two seasoned jazz musicians who have played in various musical contexts like Copenhagen Jazz Festival and Copenhagen Jazz Winter Festival and had two jazz concerts in Berlin back in 2013. When: 19:00 (Free admission)Where: Argentine Wine Bar Tango y Vinos, Herluf Trolle street 9, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Swan Lake a Classic Ballet masterpiece: One of the most moving ballets in history which is indeed a ultimate must-see for all generations will be performed at the Opera House. The new staging of Swan Lake by Silja Schandorff and Nikolaj Hübbe was first premiered back in spring of 2015 but had the tickets quickly sold out. Now once again you have the change to see the immortal drama. Swan Lake is the story of tragic love between a swan and a prince is like something out of an Andersen fairy tale and still enchants its worldwide audiences 150 years after its creation. When: 20:00. Where: Royal Theatre, Opera, Ekvipagemestervej 10, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Midnight run in Tivoli: Are you a night owl, a runner, not a afraid of the dark or just want to go on and adventure, then come to Tivoli this Saturday and experience a midnight run while discovering Tivoli from its darkest side. In connection with Halloween, now you have the opportunity to experience Tivoli by night falls where the lights goes off and the doors opened to unknown places in the Old Garden. So what are you waiting for, take your running shoes on, find night vision forward and experience the dark at Tivoli. When: Check-in opens at. 22:00 and closes kl.23.30. The run starts just after midnight. Where: Tivoli, Vesterbrogade 3, 1630 København V. More info here.
- Kick-0ff party: Did someone just mentioned party? Yeah, that's right! Denmark's newest parts economic platform Sharepeeps is having its launch party and wish to have the best start of its journey by organising a kick-off party where you, your friends, family and everyone else with a sustainable and budding minds are invited. In order to start the party they ensures that there will be free organic beer to the 300 first guests and they also offer plenty of space to socialize, party, dance and green talk. The idea behind the concept of wapping party is to put extra focus on the fun and beauty of the swap and shared by bringing the circular economy character! When: 14:00- 23:30 pm Where: H15, Halmtorvet 15, 1715 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Food pleasure expressions: A photography exhibition by Andrea Peller. After a long friendship with Andrea, together they developed a photoshoot project of how food can change in good your personal feeling and mood. As the result of how the face and body expression can show your feeling thinking about delicious food is the main concept behind the exhibition. At Forketta free finger food and snacks will be served as well as background music by DJ set Nicola Semprini and his Worldwide Jazz, Funk and Beats. When: 5:30-10:30 pm Where: Forketta, Ryesgade 30B, 2200 København N Copenhagen More info here.
- Dancehall letdown: Join Absalon's dancehall party by giving the max smack, getting sweaty ears and be sure to shake the hips when Dance Hall Get Down! When: 21:00- 02:00 am. Where: Absalon, Sønder Boulevard 73, 1720 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Decorative mobiles bird workshop: Come and make decorative bird mobiles with artist Amalie Bechmann. Paint, decorate and embellish fine paper birds. The birds mounted in small mobile phones can hang in the window or on the wall. 'Børnekulturhuset' offers every Saturday an open workshops where children and their parents are welcome to join in the activities. No registration is required (3-12 years) accompained with an adult. When: 11:00 to 14:30 (Admission: 30 kr. per. person) Where: Børnekulturhus Ama'r, Øresundsvej 8, Copenhagen S. More info here.
- Children's Toys Exchange: Do you have some toys that you think is boring, and would you like to exchange it for something new. Then came the 'toys byttedag'. When: 11:00-12:00 Where: The library Godthåbsvej, Godthåbsvej 85A, Frederiksberg. More info here.
- Mystery of Benny Banana: Would you like to be a detective for a day? Detective Mortensen need help to unravel the mystery of Benny Banana, and calls all its small detective friends in.There has been something very strange in the library! Come and help unravel the mystery. When: 11:00-13:00 Where: Østerbro Library, Dag Hammarskjöld Allé 19, Copenhagen. More info here.
- Weekend for Children: India comes to Nørrebro: Indian music and bollywood dance moves at Nørrebro Library. Drama Teacher Mette Steiner plays with Indian dolls, besides there will be Bollywood dance by Inessa Nicolajsens group. When: 11:00 Where: Nørrebro Library, Bragesgade 8 B, Copenhagen N. More info here.
Enjoy your Weekend!