The Ultimate CPH weekend guide - week 47
- Green Weekend/No Black Friday: Copenhagen's new sustainable fashion house, SLOW Fashion 1123 invites everybody to an alternative event for Black Friday where 25% of sales go to Project Homeless and where they focus on sustainability, upcycling and love for other people. "In a cold and tough time, we think it is important to support and think of others who really need a helping hand and love. Therefore we have decided to keep Green weekend and donate 25% of sales from Other Vintage for Project Homeless "says Josephine Raun, creative director. When: 12:00-18:00 on Friday ( from 11:00-16:00 Sat & Sun) Where: at SLOW Fashion 1123, Gothersgade 153, 1123 Copenhagen, Denmark . More info here.
- Christmas Tree Lighting at Balder's Square - this friday the big Christmas tree at Balderes Square will be lighted up. There will be free hot chocolate,gløgg and æbleskriver, for both children and adults. The children sing Christmas carols with the Danish Junior Choir. The event is organized by Balder Space Guild. When: 16:00-18:00. Where: Balder's Square, Copenhagen N. More info here.
- Opening of the Art Exhibition "Untitled" : Start your weekend with an artistic boost at the exhibition "Untitled" in the gallery Bredgade 22 from the artists: Mia Engstrom, Annette Gammelgaard, Susanne Næsted and Lene Kjeldsen. The exhibition is open for visits and the admission is free. When: 14:00-19:00. Where: Gallery Bredgade 22, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Christmas Market: Green Friday in Photoriet: Photography and sustainable textile goes hand in hand at Photoriet studio. Here Anne Marie Sorensen is part of a green network -Go Green Copenhagen- together with several shops, designers, restaurants, cafes, hairdressers etc, which keeps Green Friday as an alternative of Black Friday for the conscious consumers. They do this in response to overuse and focuses on sustainability and trying to make the shopping experience beperhaps more sustainable. Go Green Copenhagen is also responsible for the publishing of a Copenhagen Card, which you can find green products of many kinds. The photographer uses partly daylight photography methods in the photo studio while minimizing the amount of power used, and uses more sustainable printing methods. Come and see the North Atlantic motives, and hear about Fair Cotton, which is her new organic-Fairtrade clothing for babies, children and adults. When: 12:00-19:00. (Free admission). Where: Photoriet, Pile Alle 55 A, Frederiksberg. More info here. Take a look at fair cotton website here.
- Green Friday: Swap Market without counterclaims: On this lovely Friday, join the shared economy movement and donate all your spare discarded things and clothes from stores. Here you have the chance to find something that you could also bring back home that you have been missing. It is not a requirement that you will have to bring something along with you when you join the event nor is it a requirement that you get something to bring home. Everyone is of course welcome, both children and adults. There will be both cake, coffee and tea - so It will definitely be cozy! It is not necessary to be present throughout the event through, you can easily come and put his things without attending to the event. The bereaved thing that is left will be donated to charity. When: 15:00-21:00. Where: Alternativet, Åbenrå 33, 1124 København. More info here.
Make your own Friday candies: Spicy figure biscuits: Join a cozy afternoon event where you can take your family and friends to make your own piece of candy with Nikoline from Baking Blog. It cost 60 kr to participate and in the price you get free access to the museum. You can just drop-in without registration. When: 15:00. Where: Children's Museum, Svanholmsvej 3A, Frederiksberg C. More info here.
Jazz Cafe Emma: Emilie Ørsted trio. The young singer Emilie Ørsted sings swinging jazz numbers with Carla Gonzales on bass and Troels Frost on guitar. The admission is free. When: 19:00. Where: XO Burgers and Steaks, Axel Torv 3 Copenhagen V. More info here.
Nordic Race - Motocross track: Join the run on Amager Motocross Bane! The race at Cross course is a 6 km long race with a circuit race consisting of 3 rounds of 2 km. Giving the participants the opportunity to get to know the obstacles and improve the race at each round. It will be a tough challenge, which takes you on the mud soaked motocross track with several obstacles standing right next to each other. It is undoubtedly the most audience friendly race when participants can be followed from start to finish, so come and join the crowd with your support. When: 9:00 -17: 00th Where: At Ved Slusen 2, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark. More info here.
Homeless give your stuff sense: Join an event Organized by Too Good To Go where you may be able to help the homeless through the winter by donating your stuff which you no longer use. Take it to Too Good To Go and join forces to help the homeless in Denmark. When: 09.30-13:00. Where: Blågårdsgade, Copenhagen N; Christianshavns Torv, København K or atVesterbros Torv, København V. More info here.
- Ice Skating at Frederiksberg: Are you in the mood for some Ice skating but the snow has not reach Denmark yet? No worries! The Skating season begins this Saturday where the ice rink at Frederiksberg Circus opens its doors to the public with a nice skate show. Come and join the winter wonderland with music and dance skating. When: 10:00. (Free admission). Where: Frederiksberg Circus, Pile Alle, Frederiksberg. More info here.
- KADK Christmas market: Welcome to the annual KADK Christmas Market, where staff and students from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Schools of Architecture, Design and Conservation sell their own productions. Here you have the chance to buy unique christmas present for yourself or those you love from future upcoming designers, architects and restorers. When: 10:00 -17:00. Where: Danneskiold-Samsøes Allé 51, 1434 København K, Danmark. More info here.
- Family Workshop: Build Cobe in Minecraft: How will the city look like if it is built on children's terms? How should the city squares framed? And you can create places that invite to meet and be active? Can you conjure with the architecture - and how? When: 11:00-13:00. Where: DAC, Danish Architecture Center, Old Dock Warehouse, Beach Street 27 B, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Vesterbro Christmas party: Help turn this year's recycled Christmas tree and get into the Christmas spirit at Vesterbro. There will be live music and fire dance, rice pudding and treasure hunts, Christmas tree auction and children's choir and a visit from Santa Claus himself. When: 15:00-17:00. Where: Kulturanstalten, Lyrskovgade 4, Copenhagen V. More info here.