The Ultimate CPH weekend guide week 49
- Nutcracker (Nøddeknækkeren) Classical ballet: an adventure for the whole family when Nutcracker transforms Tivoli Concert Hall into pure magic with impressive pirouettes, sparkling stars, symphonic music and seductive adventure mood. Behind the performance scenography is the skilled hand Queen Margrethe and costumes and Tivoli's ballet chief, Peter Bo Bendixen, choreograph. The ballet is accompanied for the first time of Tivoli's own symphony, Tivoli Copenhagen Phil, who daily counts 70 permanent musicians. A true classic that exudes magic and fairy tales for children and their families. Come by Tivoli and join the magical world. When: 16:30. ( until 30th dec) Where: Tivoli Concert Hall, Vesterbrogade 3, Copenhagen V. More info here.
- Friday Concert: Copenhagen Saxophone Quartet: Come and join a christmas concert with Copenhagen Saxophone Quartet Music with 4 saxophones of J.S. Bach and Arcangelo Corelli. The admission is free of charge. When: 16:30 - 17:30. Where: Trinity Church, Landemærket 2, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- The river (Floden): The theatre Thespis presents Floden, a new Danish drama. How do you tell a story that is so severe and so personal - but is so important to tell? Discover actor Elvir Ramovic who tell the story of how the war was a reality before his eyes, somewhere in the world, in a small town by the river.It is a story that lives like an echo in a large number of people who have fled and still flee from wars around the world. When: 20:00. (Admission: Subscription: 55 kr, children / adolescents: 55 kr, group, children / adolescents: 40 kr, group, adults 55 kr, single copy sales: 95 kr, students over 25 years: 55 kr)Where: Bådteatret, Nyhavn 16 Z, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Christmas - The Show: A theatrical performance about the Commercialization of Christmas in which highlights what is hidden behind the commercialism of the Christmas celebration and which stereotypes awaken within and among us, individually or collectively, to the violently penetrating sound of Jingle Bells. The play promise to make you participate in the crucifiction of all your preconceived ideas of a holy Christmas in a Coliseum inspired tv show format, where the tv-host will lead you through a satiric program of stereotypes in coallition with our true human nature within a modern society. The play is in english and the performance group Aluxa is a theatrical performance group born from the necessity of various artists from different nationalities, cosmological views and artistic diciplines, to experiment together within a fusion of those elements by creating theater pieces and finding new interdiciplinary languages. The admission price is 50kr. When: 20:00 Where: VerdensKulturCentret, Nørre Allé 7, Copenhagen N. More info here.
Christmas Up On Comedy Zoo: Gather your friends and colleagues and enjoy Christmas at Comedy Zoo in an evening with delicious Christmas food, stand-up class, good music, drinks and night bar. When: 20:30. (Admission: 340-940 kr). Where: Comedy Zoo, Knabrostræde 19, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- ØsterGRO Christmas market: Join a cozy christmas market at ØsterGRO this weekend where will be able to get good, local, organic delights and cases - made from scratch or harvested from the ground. A cheerful atmosphere and a greenhouse full of fine gift ideas for Christmas and the Christmas workshop for children and young adults. Here you can find products from Seerupgaard, Resilient Farm, Clorofille, Bjørch and tagfarmens very own imaginative Christmas elf workshop.So come and explore, buy this year's eco tree and enjoy the green surroundings with a homemade gløg, a pan full of home-fried fritters, christmas cakes or hot soup by the fire. Everyone is welcome, so take your friends and family with you. When: 11:00-16:00Where: GRO, Æbeløgade 4 (on the roof), 2100 København. More info here.
- I AM Rosé Brunch day party: This saturday you will have the chance to take part of the 4th and last edition of I Am Rosé party-BRUNCH. There will be live DJ Anders K (TMLH) warming up the atmosphere and a lot of drinks for sure. Take a look at a video from the previous day party here.There will be limited seats, so order your table. When: 13:00 - 17:00 PM. Where: Klub Bisou, Lille Kongensgade 16, 1074 København. More info here.
- Christmas market at Kødbyen: Come and join the Vester cosiest Christmas market for all of you who are thirsty or with a large or small hunger feeling. There will be crunchy churros, classic fritters, flæskestegs-sandwiches with flavors of Christmas, gløg, warm cocoa , lots of christmas gift ideas, music and the most important of them all the christmas spirit. When: 11:00 -16:00 (both Sat and Sun) Where: Kødbyens Food & Market, Flæsketorvet, 1700 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Elmagade's Christmas market: This Saturday Elmegade opens up for the friendliest Christmas market in Copenhagen. Here you will find Christmas Clowns spreading joy in the streets and handing out goodies. Santa Claus arrives at 13:00 from Greenland where he sits ready to receive wish lists, you will also be able to get that selfie taken with him. There will be hot pancakes, roasted almonds, gløg and other delicacies. Besides, you will be able to buy special gifts for loved ones, both those with glitter, those who must provide heat or them to decorate the home. When: 10:00 to 17:00. Where: Elmegade, 2200 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Christmas cuttings for the smallest: take the whole family to the library for fun and Christmas decorations for children with the librarian Bente Hansen. The admission is free of charge.
When: 10: 30-13:00. Where: Library Godthåbsvej, Godthåbsvej 85A, Frederiksberg.
- Board on a Christmas train around Copenhagen: This weekend you will have the chance to take a ride with My veteran train and travel into the vintage era filled out with christmas spirit. The cozy old red Intercity trains running from Copenhagen Central Station and "Around the houses." The tour, which lasts about one hour, goes via the East Gate, Nørrebro and Flintholm back to the Central Station. There is the possibility of boarding at stations along the way. Besides here you have the opportunity to greet Santa Claus, grab some gløg, æbleskiver, candy, beer and water etc in the train. When: 10:58. (Admission: Adults kr. 70 / children kr. 35). Where: Copenhagen Central Station, Bernstorffsgade 16, Copenhagen V. More info here.
- Christmas bazaar at Gallerie Lorien in Frederiksberg: join a Christmas bazaar at Gallerie Lorien all When: 11:00-18:00. The admission is free of charge. Where: Gallery Lorien, Frydendalsvej 31, Frederiksberg. More info here.
- Family Workshop - gingerbread baker: An edible, sweet spicy house? That's exactly what a peberkagehus is! Come and build your own peberkagehus and take it home as edible decorations throughout December. Here you can let your creativity guide you and go crazy with baked brown cake, icing and candies. Perhaps it could be the start of a new pleasant Christmas tradition for the architecture interested? At the Architecture Center, they of course take gingerbread houses very seriously. Here you can reflect upon how should it look like? Should it be modern or old, with a tower or lots of ornaments? There will be pre-baked items, so the trouble of dough and greasy fingers will not be part of the workshop. The only thing you will have to do is to assemble the house with hot sugar and decorate for the big gold medal. You can take that selfie with your peberkagehus and join a great competition for the title this year Peberkagehus.When: 12 to 14.30. (Admission: 350) Where: DAC, Danish Architecture Center, Old Dock Warehouse, Beach Street 27 B, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Christmas flea market: Cozy indoor flea market. Find fun, different and inexpensive Christmas gifts and flea market bargains among 40 stall holders in Salen. When: 10: 00-15: 00th (Admission: Free admission / stall: 50 kr.). Where: K-I-B, Kulturhuset Islands Brygge, Islands Brygge 18, Copenhagen S. More info here.
- African Christmas Parade: Are you up for some african dance moves? Bring your kids to a fun and energetic morning with the sound of drums and a lot of dance at the community in Nørrebro - all are welcome - children and adults - FREE access. When: 10:30. The entrance is free. Where: Nørrebrohallen, Nørrebrogade 208, Copenhagen N. More info here.
- Christmas at Norske Hus : Come and design your own box and fill it with samples of confections, which also manufactures in today's Christmas workshop where Helle Abild, designer and chocolate lover, and Julie Dufour, architect and facilitator, is ready with all materials. Application necessary. True to tradition, you can also design and build your very own Christmas angel from recycled materials. Surprise the family for years. Parents - and bedsteforældrefri zone. Note that you can only sign up for one of the teams. When: 11:00-12:30. (Free admission). Where: Norwegian House in Søndermarken Roskildevej 25 (to Frederiksberg Palace), Frederiksberg.
- Christmas concert with orchestra: There will be plenty to look at and listen to, and afterwards are all welcome to come up and talk to the musicians and a closer look at the exciting instruments.
When: 14:00. (Admission: 40 kr Child, Adult 40 kr). Where: Kvarterhuset, Jemtelandsgade 3, Copenhagen S. More info here.