The Ultimate weekend guide - week 51
- Nutcracker (Nøddeknækkeren) Classical ballet: an adventure for the whole family when Nutcracker transforms Tivoli Concert Hall into pure magic with impressive pirouettes, sparkling stars, symphonic music and seductive adventure mood. Behind the performance scenography is the skilled hand Queen Margrethe and costumes and Tivoli's ballet chief, Peter Bo Bendixen, choreograph. The ballet is accompanied for the first time of Tivoli's own symphony, Tivoli Copenhagen Phil, who daily counts 70 permanent musicians. A true classic that exudes magic and fairy tales for children and their families. Come by Tivoli and join the magical world. When: 16:30. ( until 30th dec) Where: Tivoli Concert Hall, Vesterbrogade 3, Copenhagen V. More info here.
- Christmas for children - Follow the Star: Magical family Christmas service at the circus artist Michiel Tange Von Leeuwen pastoral play performed by children from Classen scholarship school. bringing the joy of Christmas to those who celebrate Christmas on december 23th. When traditions are changing, it is often hard for the kids, therefore we painstakingly create a magical Christmas service on children's terms. Everyone is welcome! When: 14:00. Where: Sct. Lukas Church, Christian Richardtsvej 1-3, Frederiksberg C. More info here.
- The Nativity - Symphony of light and sound: The artist duo Steen & Hejlesen doing magnificent illuminations in the large church as organist Lars Sømod play Olivier Messiaen 'La Nativité du Seigneur'. When: 17:00 (Free admission). Where: Church of Our Saviour, St Annae Gade 29, Copenhagen K.
- Nutcracker: Join a modern version of a musical theatre play - The Nutcracker at the dock. Steen Koerner, Clemens and Joakim plover has made the traditional experience beautiful and acrobatic with plays, music, street dance and skaters. The Nutcracker will be representing an elegant conception of the good fight against evil. A moving Christmas tale for children, youth and adults. This version of the Nutcracker has gone in Tivoli, at Aveny-T and the Aarhus Theatre. Come and join the crowed. When: 19:00. Where: Culture Docken, North Harbour, Færgehavnsvej 35, Nordhavn. More info about tickets here.
- TOY - ceramic toy: The Christmas exhibition periods with new 'toys' in ceramics for children and adults. The exhibition teeming with Christmas gifts for children and young at heart, everything from quirky toys and games for Ursula Munch-Petersen doll frame. Russian Dolls, Trolls, Domino Games, Professor Dice and do-it-yourself kits. Maybe a trip to the Twisting machine, a tableau of hysteria, Agriculture, USA-trip? - Or just an erotic family car? Tenders are many, and the imagination has no limits when the childish soul to be pampered. It is not a new Experimentarium, but close to, when a bunch of ceramic artists of all ages is raging. When: Mon-Fri 11:00-18:00, Sat 11:00-17:00. (admission free). Where: Ann Linnemann studio gallery, Kronprinsessegade 51, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Exhibition in Gallery ØckenLund : Lise Bloch exhibit in Gallery ØckenLund with the exhibition scissor- PAPER -S pray. "The motives are still flowers, growth / life, this time contained in the spray-painted pictures where my clips are used as templates. Some of the plants approaching the abstract decorative, while the other moves in the deeper layers .... "L.B.
When: 14:00-17:00 ( admission is free). Where: Gallery ØckenLund, Crown Princess Sofie Road 6, st. tv., Frederiksberg. More info here.
- Christmas Market at Højbro Plads:Get into the Christmas spirit and go for an early christmas shopping at Højbro Plads where you can experience and discover an old-fashioned Christmas universe in the heart of Copenhagen’s ancient medieval city, with Christmas trees and decorations, sparking 180,000 Christmas lights, secret pixies, reindeer and Santa's sleigh. Here you also have the chance to meet Santa Claus and take a picture with him for free every Tuesday to Sunday between 1 and 5 pm. When:11:00-17:00 Where: Højbro Plads ( next to the Strøget shopping street, Illum’s department store and the Stork Fountain). More info here.
- Wish Tree in FRB.C: Fulfill a Christmas wish for a child in an orphanage or shelter. Limited number of gift wish, but the wood itself can be enjoyed right up until Christmas. The price varies from gift to gift. When: 10:00-19:00. Where: Frederiksberg Center, Falkoner Allé 21, Frederiksberg. More info here.
- Santa Claus visit Tivoli: Christmas in Tivoli Gardens is indeed a Christmas tradition amongst Copenhageners as well as visitors to the city. True to tradition, the whole of Tivoli will be decorated for the season with spruce and myriads of fairy lights, and in addition to the Tivoli Illuminations over the Lake, Tivoli’s new light show can be experienced in the Chinese area under the Demon roller coaster. This year you are also garanteed a White Christmas under Tivoli's garden. The Christmas spirit in Santa's living room on the Pantomime Theatre, is also waiting for you with his sharpened pencil and the big shopping list ready, so that you can tell him what you wish for Christmas. Everyone is welcome! You will also have the change to get that picture together with Santa and your family for 60 kr, you can get 2 pictures printed with christmas motifs on them. When: 11:00-22:00. Where: Tivoli, Vesterbrogade 3, Copenhagen V. More info here.
- Enjoying Christmas with friends and family!
- The North Atlantic Christmas 2016: Join a Christmas concert event at the Church Helligåndskirken and let the Christmas spirit fill out your soul. When: 12: 00-00: 00 Where: Helligåndskirken, Niels Hemmingsen Gade 5 1153 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Christmas Eve services: Christmas is such a special time of year, as many celebrate the birth of Jesus. The Hillsong church would love to invite you to join the celebrations for a special Christmas Eve services. The services will last 1 hour and there will be praise & worship, a great message & lots of Christmas 'hygge' with traditional Danish treats. There's something for the whole family so come along and kick your Christmas celebrations off here. The services will be in English with translation to Danish. The admission is free of charge. When: 10:00-13:30. Where: Hillsong Copenhagen, Nyropsgade 39, 1602 Copenhagen, Denmark. More info here.
- Christmas evening at Gimle: Gimle welcome the year's biggest Christmas party! You know it! You have eaten too much food and sit with sauces stains on the shirt and a half-worn cognac with your coffee after you have harvested this year's gifts. You know very well also, how is turned upside down on the situation at. 23:59 when Gimle opens the doors to this year's crash of a Christmas party. Tickets cost 60 kr and includes 1 beer / water and access to separate queue. If you prefer to buy your tickets at the door. When: 23.59- 05:00. Where: Gimle, Helligkorsvej 2, 4000 Roskilde. You can buy the tickets here. See more info here.
Jolene presents Evan Baggs: Are you in a party mood and would love to enjoy some live music at the Christmas day? Berlin-based New York House Dj, Baggs, will be playing at Jolene for those of you that want to dance off the Christmas calories or would like to have some fun evening night with your friends/family. When: 22:00-03:00. Where: Jolene Bar, Flæsketorvet 81-85, 1711 Copenhagen.More info here.
- Club Bisou - The large package game // 1. Christmas Day: The club Bisou have packed 300 gifts for a big package game. Join the crowd for a fun evening and find out what Jokke found on the fun stuff. Some of you might be tired the christmas songs already or tired of listening to grandpapa's Christmas stories, so all of you are invited from kl.21.30. When: 23:00 to 05:00. Where: Club Bisou, Lille Kongensgade 16 1074 Copenhagen. More info here.
- Fireworks Festival in Tivoli: Come and experience a fantastic fireworks festival from the top of the Concert Hall. The sky over Tivoli will be lit up by impressive fireworks as we host this year's Fireworks Festival for the 12th time in Tivoli's history. The Festival takes the first 4 days based on Christmas beautiful and classic colors. The special feature of the fireworks is that they are designed with a specific color selected for that day, but with many different shades of the same color. The fireworks are without music and consists solely of aerial shells in sizes from 20 mm up to 100 mm. Please note that in case of strong winds will fireworks will be canceled. Fireworks are best seen in the front lawn, front glass hall entrances and front Nimb. When: 25th/26th at 21:00. Where: Tivoli, Vesterbrogade 3, Copenhagen V. More info here.