The Ultimate CPH Weekend Guide
If you are wondering about what it's happing in Copenhagen this weekend and where you and your kids can spend some quality time together, here is a list of events that I have selected specially for you!
FRIDAY (September 16th)
- -Abdoulaye Konaté – ARKEN Museum of Modern Art ( until 18th Sept) : The beach-side contemporary museum shines its spotlight on the art fabrics of African artist Abdoulaye Konaté. From (10:00-17:00 PM ). More info here.
- -HOLE IN SPACE- Nikolaj Kunsthal (until 13 November) : Copenhagen’s contemporary art centre, Nikolaj Kunsthal, is hosting an exhibition / installation designed to engage children and adults created by the local artist Trine Bossen. With this exhibition I promise to send you on a fanciful journey into outer space. The art centre is housed in a former church close to Strøget, Nikolaj Plads 10. From (12:00-17:00 pm) More Info here.
- - Harbour Day at AAU CPH : At Aalborg University in Copenhagen (Sydhavn), where I am currently studying my Masters, we are celebrating the Harbour Day. Therefore there will be a boat competition. In order to participate , all you need to do is to build your own boat without a motor and pay a fee of 50kr. It is also possible to come by and cheer for the participants. So, grab some friends, build a boat, and show you’re a true captain! You are allowed to be as many people as you want on a team, but a minimum of two is required, so what are you waiting for to release your inner sailor! The event is by the harbour at A.C. Meyers Vænge 15, 2450. From( 5:00-8:00PM)
SATURDAY (September 17th)
- -Kids art workshop: Animals at SMK : The Children's Workshop at Statens Museum for Kunst, is exploring the animal world this Saturday. If you are looking for an indoors activity with your kids while exploring your creative skills, this might be the event for you. Materials like : clay, cardboard, tape, paper and many other fun materials are available at the workshop space for you to activate your creative soul. The entrance fee is 30 kr. From (11:30 - 16:30 pm). More info here.
- - Curious Georges 75th birthday at Østerbro Library : At Østerbro Library there will be a 75th birthday celebration for Curious Georges. The character will attend his party and there will be fun games for kids, and delicious pancakes with banana flavour. From ( 11:00- 1:00 PM)
- - Hi Yo Nørrebro - free Street Food : Hej KBH is hosting a Street Food Event at Nørrebro. If you would like to taste the world through some of the best Food Trucks in the center of Nørrebro, you came to the right place. You will also be able to enjoy lounge music while your sense of taste will be spoiled. See you at Nørrebro, Lygten 1, 2200. There will be free beers from 17/18 PM. The Event is from (12:00 - 8:00 PM).
SUNDAY (September 18th)
- - Plant a flower and get free entrance to Tivoli in 2017 : Are you ready to try out your gardening skills? This Sunday, at Tivoli garden, you will be able to help planting down the first of 100,000 bulbs for next year's growt. It takes place in the beds around the large fountain in front of the Concert Hallfrom 12:00 to 13:00 PM. All the guests who plant a bulb, will receive a similar one to bring home and plant at your private garden. Additionally, you get a diploma which allows you free admission to Tivoli, so you can visit "your own" tulip bulbs for spring 2017 More info here.
- -Chalk Day at Nørrebro (Dronning Louises Bro) : This Sunday you are also invited to try out your artistic skills, so come and chalk at the Dronning Louises Bridge with your friends and family! There will be 500 kg of chalk (45,840 pieces) available to all! Last year they won a Guinness World Record for the largest chalk painting at this event, so what are you waiting for? From (2:00 -8:00PM)
- -CPH car-free day : On Sunday, Copenhagen is also celebrating the Car free day. All cyclists and pedestrians will be given free rein over Copenhagen’s roads. All cars will be banned for a day so that we all can experience how the city can be used when we don’t have to make space for polluting vehicles. There will be also a number of events to attract people into the heart of Copenhagen, so I promise you that it will be fun! From ( 2:00-8:00PM)
Have fun exploring Copenhagen!