The Ultimate CPH Weekend Guide - week 38
FRIDAY (September 23th)
- - Copenhagen Maker : it is a brand new festival concept focused on engaging and inspiring its audience on the D.I.Y trends involving topics like technology, innovation and co-creation. So, if you are ready to put into practice some of your creative skills within the technological world, this is the event for you! Here you are able to explore together with your friends and family new technologies like 3D printers, laser cutters and robots, be creative with your hands, make your own robot, which will compete in a robotics tournament against other robots and many other fun activities! where: The event is taking place at Enghavevej 82, 2450 Copenhagen SV. When: Friday. 23 September pm. 10-20/Saturday. 24 September pm. 10-20/Sunday. 25 September pm. 10-18. More info here.
- -Creative Space : It is indeed a cosy and creative cafe where you can paint your own ceramics and it literally includes everyone from your entire family from a 1 year old baby up til a grandmother! Everyone is welcome! Here all you need to do is let your creativity guide you while you are able to choose from more than 170 different kinds of Italian ceramics products and 80 colours and a staff ready to guide you with lots of tips and tricks. You can do all that while enjoying a nice cup of coffee or drink at your choice. Where: They have 2 spaces: Kastelsvej 1, 2100 Copenhagen or Gammel Kongevej 154, 1850 Frederiksberg C. When: Monday-Friday 11:00-19:00/ Saturdays, Sundays and holidays 10:00-18:00. You can always just drop by but to ensure there will be an available table for you when you arrive, I recommend you to make a reservation by phone. More info here.
- -Finding Dory at The Blue Planet: Dive into the wonderful world of the Blue Planet and have a fun day while learning more about palette surgeon fish and her friends. Here you will be able to play games inspired by 'Finding Dory' for both children and adults. You will receive an activity booklet with a lot of fun puzzles, interesting tasks and a treasure hunt where you learn along the way. During the weekend you can also get a clownfish as face painting or see the cute sea otters being fed. So, for sure there are a lot of interesting activities for you and your family to experience.Where: Jacob Fortlingsvej 1,
2770 Kastrup When : From 10:00-18:00 .More info here.
-GRØD is turning 5 years and is celebrating with porridge worth 5kr! : On September 24th, 2011, the world's first porridge shop was lauched in the heart of Nørrebro, Copenhagen and this Saturday they are inviting you all to celebrate with them their 5th anniversary. The event is taking place at all their shops from 7:00 to 9:00 am. A good reason to wake up early on a Saturday! So, start you day with the world's most delicious and versatil porridge! Where: Ndr. Frihavnsgade 55, 2100 Kbh Ø /Guldbergsade 7a, 2200 Kbh N /Jægersborggade 50, 2200 Kbh N /Torvehallerne, hal 1/stade A8, Kbh K. when: 7:00-9:00 am.
SATURDAY (September 24th)
-Shawarma Competition at Nørrebro- Master at Shawarma 2016 : For those of you who love a good shawarma, this saturday, for the fourth year in a row , you have the chance to try Nørrebro's best shawarma places and get to know the master no. 1. The competition is ON! Everybody can vote! You can choose your three favorites among the 15 nominees restaurants to this year's Nørrebro Championship of Shawarma. Where: Fyensgade, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark. When: 12:00 - 4:30 PM. More info here.
-Comic Con, Nordic's nr 1 Culture Shows: For the modern pop-culture market, the event Comic Con is bringing together a broad scope of popular culture categories including; Gaming, Movies, Comics, Cosplay, Television, Gadgets, Clothing and Toys. The event is packed with many activities from a huge esport zone area and cosplay celebrations to experiential opportunities inspired by the movies and brand new releases of your favourite games to play. So if you are a big fan of Comics and their universe, this is the event for you this weekend! Where: Bella Center When: 9:00- 19:00 PM. More info here.
SUNDAY (September 25th)
- -Sculpture Park - sculpture and nature Workshop at Louisiana : This Sunday your kids will be able to shape their own sculptures inspired by nature at the museum of modern art Louisiana. Join the Children's House universe and experience how artists have used nature in their works in different ways. Take your kids to learn about how the sculptures are part of nature around them and find traces of nature in the sculptures. Besides, at Louisiana, the kids workshop room (the huge three-storey Children's Wing) your children are able work with their best resources with several active workshops not only forkids but also for adults from 11 to 18:00. Where: Gammel Strandvej 13DK 3050 Humlebæk When: 11:30- 13:00 More info here.
- -Tivoli is closing their doors for the season: This Sunday is your last change to take your kids or friends on that ride you have been dreaming of at Tivoli because they will close their doors from Sunday until Halloween. There will be shows during the day for both kids and adults and fireworks at 23:00. More info here.
- Go on a horse or a pony ride : At Hestefolden Kanalvej you have the chance to ride horses and ponies not far from Copenhagen centre. In about 1 km from Vestamager metro, at the beautiful scenery and lovely surroundings of Kalvebod Common. This Saturday and Sundays is the last days, before the place is closed down for fall/winter. So what are you waiting for? It is also possible to become closer to a pony/horse to get to know them, make bonfire , and make them ready to pony row. Where: Kanalvej, Kastrup 2720 When: 12:00-16:00 PM. More info here.
- Claude Monet exhibition at Ordrupgaard Museum: At Ordrupgaard Museum you have the chance to watch closely some of the world's famous paintings by one of the greatest artists of all time, Claude Monet. Besides, at the museum's garden there is a new Art Playground with works by Olafur Eliasson, Doug & Mike Starn and Terunobu Fujimori interesting for the kids. Where: Ordrupgaard Vilvordevej 110, 2920 Charlottenlund When: 11:00-17:00 PM. More info here.
I hope that with this guide, you will get inspired from these multiple activities happing in Copenhagen and share your experience with others. I would really appreciate if you could leave a comment in case you find this article useful. Thank you!