The Ultimate CPH Weekend guide - week 39
FRIDAY (30th September)
- Copenhagen Blues Festival: It's Autumn, and once again, it’s time for "Blue Copenhagen". Since this Wednesday the Blues sound had been all over the city. If you are a Blues fan, this is a great opportunity for you to visit the city's many clubs and places for world class international blues, and few talented local blues. There will be a variation of all blues stylesin the best possible way, and a fine balance between traditional and new expressions. So, as always, you'll find seasoned blues veterans performing alongside some very talented young artists. More info here.
- Designer Forum, Autumn 2016 : If you are looking for great inspiration for your styleand great deals on clothing, shoes and accessories, Designer Forum might be the place for you to be this weekend!You will be able to save up to 80% on all brands available as well as a large selection of unique collection of samples from the new season or even items from previous seasons. Where: Julius Thomsen Plads 1, 1925 Frederiksberg When: 30 -2 October, Friday, from 16-20pm, Saturday from 10-17pm Sunday from 11-16pm. More info here.
- Performance of ballet: At Hellerup's Classical Ballet Schoolyou are able to experience this friday, a performance from talented tomorrow's ballet stars. The play has excerpts from the Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling and works of Edvard Grieg. The event is free of charge but requires a registration by mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Where: Jægersborg Alle 166 2820 Gentofte When: 16:00 to 16:40. More info here.
SATURDAY (1th October)
- The Colour Run Night: Once again, the world's funniest Run races is in town! The Color Run has become a worldwide phenomenon with millions of runners in 40 countries and 200 cities. The race is not about running the 5 km as fast as possible, but to run as much as you can now and to have fun while doing it. A place where thousands of participants havefun while they are covered in colour from head to toe. After each kilometre ran you get coloured by a colour in booths with celebration and music. For each 1 km you run a new colour will be splashed. The party continues in the target area with a gigantic Finish Line Festival where more colours are splashed to create happy memories in millions of vivid colour combinations. It will be the saturday's night biggest and best 5km run, so come along and join the crowd! Where: Refshaleøen: Asger Jorn Allé 6, DK-2300 Copenhagen S When: Check-in at 17:00, race starts 20:30 PM. More info here.
- Discover multi-faceted Danish architecture: at the Danish Architecture Centre (DAC) you will be able to explore the photo exhibit Dreyer's Architecture Gallery. Here, you will meet three start-up architecture firms and be provided with a unique insight into the firm's reality, while gaining fascinating insight into the city's architectural development and the next wave in Danish architecture. Besides, here you can enjoy a nice meal at DAC's popular brunch buffet available at their restaurant with a privileged view of the harbour area. Where: Beach 27B, 1401 Copenhagen K When: Monday - Sunday: 10 AM - 6 PM. Wednesday open until 9PM - Free admission from 5 PM - 9 PM. More info here.
- Children's Workshop: Human bodies: At the stamens Museum for Kunst (SMK) currently you are able to discover the French sculptor August Rodin's drawings of human bodies in the exhibition Volatile moments - Drawings by Auguste Rodin. Bring your children to experiment and explore the artists universe where the French master the art city sculptures and drawings of standing, lying, sitting, floating and walking bodies. Where: Sølvgade 48.1307 Copenhagen K When: 11:30 to 16:30. More info here.
- Open Orchestra Concert No. 2: Join the open symphony Orchestra - Copenhagen Phil - on a different journey through classic works. An interactive experience, where the audience can move free among the musicians when they play. The Open Orchestra concept brought classical music to new surroundings and this time more specifically at the old industrial hall in Carlsberg City. The concert is a free of charge. Besides, you are also able to experience [OO] ROOM before the show stars - a physical installation, Involving children and adults in a creative interaction with the symphonic experience. So come early and move into [OO] ROOM. Where: (The buffer stock, Carlsberg City) Pasteursvej 28, 1778 Copenhagen V When: KL. 17-18. More info here.
- Free Crossgym at Konditaget Lüders : Would you like to start your day by doing some exercises? Every Saturday you have the chance to do that for free in the new urban space at NORDHAVN called Konditaget Lüders (Kondi roof Lüders). Where: Konditaget Lüders, Helsinkigade 28, 2150 Copenhagen When: 9:30. More info here.
SUNDAY (2th October)
- Storks - a new animated film in theatres : At Fisktorvet Shopping Centre there will be free children's activities related to the new upcoming animation film - Storks - before its theatrical release ( October 6th). In close collaboration with Warner Bros Pictures Denmark, Fisketorvet Shopping Center, is having an event trailer to engage children about the lovely universe of the film Storks . The event has an entertainingprogram which includes drawing competition puzzle competition, quiz and a treasure hunt. There are great prizes for winners of all competitions, Thus, all children visiting the booth will get a nice A3 poster distributed free. Where: Fisketorvet Shopping Centre, When: 01/10/16 and 02/10/16. More infohere.
- Mix Copenhagen film festival : The festival opens on Friday at 7:00 PM with red carpet, champagne and a fantastic opening film 'DO NOT CALL ME SON.' After the film, you are able to appreciate the delicious tones of Ann Falden's sound landscape, while enjoying nice drinks paired with conversations. Besides, a surprise performance will be waiting for you, so what are you waiting for? Where: When: at 19.00 Welcome drink in Cinemateket ;19:30 Welcome speech in the cinemas and opening film ‘Don’t Call Me Son’; 21:15 Reception with music by Ann Falden, Caroline Leander, and Soma Allpass; 22:00 Surprise performance; 22:30 Collective departure for the Opening Party; 23:00 Opening Party at DROP INN - open to all More info here.
I hope that this ultimate guide has inspired you somehow and had gave you an overview of few upcoming events for this weekend which were specially selected for you.
Enjoy your weekend!