My favourite cafés in Copenhagen
Hi there! Who does not enjoy a great cup of coffee surrounded by a nice atmosphere? I am always craving for coffee, specially when the weather is getting colder outside. I just though I would have to share with you few of my favourite coffee places here in Copenhagen.
- The Original Coffee: at Illum's roof top terrace you can get a great coffee with a fantastic view. What more can you as for? At the original coffee you have the privilege to see Copenhagen's shopping street at a higher level. At the terrace, here you have a direct view to the palace and are able to get a sun tan, when the sunny days are out. Besides, at the roof top there is a new food court where you are also able to grab that nice lunch or dinner.
- Far's Dreng café : I definitely had to share with you where i really enjoy a nice and affordable "avocado mad" ( dark bread sandwich). It is perfection! The atmosphere at the cafe is also cosy even though is located pretty much at the centre of the city. Take a look at their website here.
- Leckerbær : For when you feel like having a delicious gourmet cookies accompainning your nice cup of coffee, this pastry shop and deli-bakery is the place to go. This place brings the classic Danish biscuits in a whole new level. Plus, i really like their modern visual identity. Take a look at their website here and find out more.
- Coffee Collective at Torvehallerne : It is much more than just great coffee. It is making coffee with care! Eveytime you go here it is an exceptional coffee experience where they satser on the entire process of the coffee making. They work closely with sustainable production and excellent quality of the coffee where they visit their producer at least once year and can guarantee a fair trade. Plus, here the atmosphere is inviting, and the baristas greet you with a smile. Come by Torqvehallen and check it out for yourself and if you want to know more just check their website here.
- Mirabelle : You know that feeling when you just want a nice freshly baked homemade bread to go with your coffee? yeah, this place is where to go to fulfil this desire. Mirabelle is a nice café where you can also find bakery and production workshops with butcher and cheese dairy. Both the restaurant and the bakery products are 100 percent certified organic. I love the tiled floors and the colourful enamel cups on the shelves as well. This place is worth a visit! Take a look at their website here for more info.
- Kafferiet - slow coffee: This new cafe is very cosy and the quality of the coffee is also great. They have literally just opened their doors at Ryesgade but have already stole my heart. It has such a nice vibe, besides it is located very close to where i pick up my daughter at kindergarten, so i guess you can imagine how tempting that is that i have to pass by it almost everyday. Besides, the have a freshly baked bread station, with nice bread and croissants.
- Democratic coffee: Don't you think that coffee and books make an excellent combination? Well, that is why i really like this café. Besides the fact that it is placed in a regular adjacent room to the main central library, the café also has its own book collection disposed nicely at a big shelf with many inspiring interesting books to look at while you drink a nice cup of coffee paired also with the irresistible freshly baked croissants they bake.
I hope that you will have the chance to try some of this cafes because I truly believe they are worth visiting.