The Ultimate CPH weekend guide - week 2
MØ - A dance performance: MØ. a dance performance. A dance performance by Copenhagen Dance Space - MØ - songs of MØ - the show is inspired by her person and the lyrics in her songs Dancers with huge talent Songs of MØ Beautiful creations Unique and original universe.
When: 18:30 & 20:30. Where: Culture Krudttønden, Serridslevvej 2, Copenhagen. You can buy tickets here. More info here or here.
Dans2Go: Classical ballet. Dance school is an excerpt from August Bournonville's Conservatory. Ballet-godfatherens aesthetics summed up in a single training session when the master recalled his youth as a dancer in 1820s Pariseropera. The choreography reproduced in its original form, while the scenography is updated, so you sense Bournonville's timeless genius. Other Dances is one of the great American choreographer Jerome Robbins' finest pas de deux'er. It was created in 1976 to Frédéric Chopin's evocative piano music - four mazurkas and a waltz - and it is in all its simplicity and virtuosity a tribute to Chopin's romantic and classical ballets grace. When: 20:00. Where: The Royal Theatre - Old Stage, Kongens Nytorv, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Jazz Cafe Emma: Come by Cafe Emma for some live Jazz. Here you will be able to listen to Gabor Bolla trio. The Hungarian super saxophonist Gabor Bolla plays swinging bebop numbers with Swedish Daniel Franck on bass and TBA on drums. When: 19:00 (Free admission). Where: Cafe Emma, Axel Torv 3 Copenhagen V. More info here.
Emergenza Festival: Denmark's largest music competition for talented upcoming bands will hold to tradition preliminaries at Rust. The participating bands will have all the opportunity to play for a numerous live audience, when the festival kicks off with preliminary rounds in January of Rust. Half of the bands that make up the Rust moving on to the semi-finals, where the best bands go on to the Danish final. If you are interested in new Danish music and what is happening in the underground - so do not miss the Emergenza Festival 2017. When: 19:30. Where: Rust, Guldbergsgade 8, Copenhagen N. More info here.
Jazz at Cafe Sommersko: The Italian singer Alice Carreri will be singing swinging jazz numbers and beautiful ballads with pianist Torben Kjaer and Henrik "Butcher" Dhyrbye on bass. When: 20:00 (Free admission). Where: Café Sommersko, Kronprinsensgade 6, Copenhagen K . More info here.
Nadia Rose (UK) + Support: Annelise: Nadia Rose is a versatile artist who is comfortable in all scenes and summer of the game on a host of festivals and has also shared the stage with names such as Alicia Keys, Section Boyz, Anderson. Paak, Busta Rhymes and her cousin Stormzy. When: 0:50. Where: Rust, Guldbergsgade 8, Copenhagen. More info here.
- Manga and cartoon drawing: This course focuses on the popular Japanese drawing style manga. Manga is exciting, expressive and versatile that can be used in all genres of cartoon. Everyone can participate in this workshop, which will be a mixture of teaching and exercises. The starting point is the basic techniques but you can get challenges if you are more experienced when the teacher gives individual exercises and allows individuals sparing in their own work. Drawing with pencil and training consists of both theoretical and practical work. Hold 27,645th Organised by the Leisure School - LOF Rudersdal / Lyngby. When: 10:00. (Price: 300 kr). Where: LOF's Secretariat, Skelmosevej 10, Valby. More info here.
- Mini Playland - (Minilegeland): Kvarterhuset will be open Saturday so that children and parents can come and use our newly renovated multi-purpose hall including inflatables and balls. For parents there is free coffee.Buy / order tickets for this event here. When: 10:00-16:00. (Admission: 30 kr). Where: Kvarterhuset, Borgbjergsvej 28, Copenhagen SV. More info here.
Vale: A dance evening with two international stjernekoreografer. Modern dance. ROLLER is a humorous and figurative double performance created by two of the international dance scene's most coveted step makers. ROLLER's title is taken from the evening first work of the Spanish multi artist and rising star choreographer Marcos Morau that on the basis of a theatrical, dramatic expression will challenge some of the biggest roller in history - all the way from Tchaikovsky to Strauss. When: 19:30. Where: Opera, Ekvipagemestervej 10, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Children's Workshop: Portraits: You might have already tried to draw a picture of your mother, your father, or perhaps the whole family? Portraits can be made in many different ways. They can both be photographed, drawn with pencil, painted in bright colors or designed as robotic sculptures that stand in the Sculpture Street at the museum. Come and join in the Children's Workshop when working with beautiful, funny and strange portraits of all sorts of materials. For example you can make a portrait of your best friend or girlfriend? When: 11:30 - 16:30. Where: National Gallery of Art, Silver Street 48-50, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- French masterpieces: At Glyptotek you will be able see, French paintings show the best of the collection of French art from the mid 1800s until the early 20th century. It is a meeting with masters like Monet, Cézanne, van Gogh and Gauguin. The tour introduces the French collection. Here you will look at selected literary works and expand on their techniques, motifs and breakthroughs. When: 13:00. Where: Glyptotek, Dantes Plads 7, Copenhagen V. More info here.
- Children Guided tour: Oh, by and sigh! Emotions in art: Join one of SMK's knowledgeable tour guides on a Sunday stroll in the museum's collections, where we explore what emotions really are, and how to see them in paintings and sculptures. We also look at how art can evoke emotions in us. When: 13:00 to 13.45. Where: National Gallery of Art, Silver Street 48-50, Copenhagen K. More info here.
- Sunday stroll: Downtown - a story of sustainable solutions: Join DAC and learn about why Copenhagen again and again receive prizes in the world for its green profile, bicycle policy cloudburst plan, and the good urban spaces. In these years beats Copenhagen through the city, where there is room to live life on and in the port, in a new place, or perhaps on a bridge in the city. We take you on a trip through the inner city, where we look at sustainable solutions.
When: 14:00 to 15.30. Where: DAC, Danish Architecture Center, Old Dock Warehouse, Beach Street 27 B, Copenhagen K. More info here.