My favourite 2nd hand shops
I love Secondhand Shopping! The feeling that every time I walk into shop, there is something special waiting for me to pick it up! Although,sometimes you might get disappointed when you don't really find what you ate looking for. Therefor, it is perhaps a discipline that requires mainly 3 things: luck, patience and know the right store. So, with these guide, I hope that you will get inspired from this special selection of unique thrift stores in Copenhagen , including both mainstream and luxury brands. By purchasing second-hand clothes instead of new items, you are well on your way towards the slow fashion movement but also becoming more conscious of your choices as a consumer. And remember that you can even spot "gold" in secondhand stores and get that unique and authentic look which nobody else has within your circle of connections. So hands on! Here are my favourite 10 second hand stores:
- I Blame Lulu : This charming second hand store, reminds me a lot of some of the french little boutiques, where you can find unique collection of clothes and accessories. You can also keep an eye in all the upcoming items on their website and reserve the ones you like the most. Take a look at their website here.
- O-S-V: At O-S-V second-hand store, you are both able to buy some of your favourite brands but also sell some of the pieces that you no longer use. It is a commission based shop, which has a selected second hand designer clothes for both men and women. The store has a dynamic vibe while its minimalistic interior design reflects upon the minimalistic style brands available at the shop. Here you can always find a large selection from many different designer brands both clothing and shoes. Take a look at their website here.
- Time's up : Time's Up is a master of discovering unique vintage designs from all over the world. The boutique in the inner city cobble streets of Copenhagen, on Krystalgade, next to well known Danish designers such as Henrik Vibskov and WoodWood. It has a diverse collection of known international designer brands as well as several rare high quality non-designer pieces. here the store has its focus on quality, cut and fabrics. Take a look at their website here.
- Magnolia Luksus 2nd hand: by the centre of the city you can find Magnolias 2ndhand store located In the basement of the historic hatter Petit Gas where you can find several known brands both international and national. Even luxury brands like Chanel, Stella McCartney and Prada are well represented. The shop is at Købmagergade 5, 1150 Copenhagen K.
- FN 92 :In the charming basement shop on Larsbjørnstræde you will find a vast array of beautiful vintage dresses from 1850 to 1980. The store specializes particularly in party and wedding dresses from the 1930s, 40s and 50s, and also has a large selection of hats and other accessories. Here is the address of the store: Larsbjørnstræde 6 kld. Th., 1454 Copenhagen.
- Greibe & Kumari: Greibe & Kumari is for the names of the two girls, you had launched the store. Here you can find a range of unique pieces of clothes, shoes and accessories for both mother and child. There are always new discoveries to make in the store. The shop is located at: Nordre Frihavnsgade 60, 2100 Copenhagen.
- Resecond: Resecond is a new second hand store concept based on the sharing economy concept where they have a platform (digital app) and community to create more sharing, here the people are encouraged to swap their clothes, and you can do it as many time as you wish. If you want to know more about it here it is their website.
- Second : Located at a corner street at Østerbrogade, the shop Second has a huge range of high quality pieces in which many have been unused. The shop is located at: Østerbrogade 126, 2100 Copenhagen. You can also take a look at their website here.
- Loop: At this lovely second-hand shop 'LOOP' in Fiolstræde 28, there is a great flow in the store with nice clothes where you may even be lucky enough to find good brands, both for Women and Men. It is run by volunteers and all the money collected goes to Folkekirkens Nødhjælp which is an organization that has its purpose in empowering the world's poorest in the struggle for a dignified life. I was once a volunteer at the store for a bout a year and the love for these place grew inside me. Here you can follow them on Facebook and see when that special item reach the store.
- Muda Nashi : In Japanese Muda Nashi means "no waste", which is the philosophy behind of this beautiful second-hand shop in Frederiksberg. Here you can find a variety of designers brands and there is always new items available in the small shop. The shop is located at: Godthåbsvej 11A, 2000 Frederiksberg Take a look at their website here.
- Gemmeren : At Gemmeren you will find items which are a rare fusion between inexpensive and city smart looks. Here all the workers are young volunteers who are supporting Folkekirkens Nødhjælp. The store has a broad range of not only clothing and shoes but also jewellery, porcelain and other cool things, which together constitute what Gemmeren is: a genuine recycling hollow heart in the right place. The shop is located at: Fælledvej 9, 2200 Copenhagen N
Enjoy hunting for little treasures!